New for September:
Our school Nursery will be open for full time places and flexible sessions. Please contact the school office for more information on this!
Welcome to Meadows First School's website. We hope it gives you a sense of our values and our ethos.
Our Mission Statement is 'Meadows - Caring, Sharing, Preparing for Life.'
This motto was chosen by the children because they felt it encompasses all we are trying to achieve in school. Alongside this motto is the 'Meadows' Mouse' emblem which represents how to be ‘a good learner.’
We strive to provide a happy, caring, safe and stimulating learning environment, where pupils are encouraged and nurtured to thrive socially, emotionally and academically to achieve the best they possibly can. We want learning to be fun and memorable, so that the children will remember Meadows with affection. A great emphasis is placed on preparing children for life by encouraging them to be responsible, caring and independent individuals. It is also important to us that children develop good manners and show respect for each other and for their environment. Our vision is to be at the heart of the community, providing a wealth of memorable learning experiences; these take place in a variety of places, including the outdoors. We aim to promote the values of tolerance, mutual respect and democracy.
Learning is at the heart of everything we do. The children then came up with, and voted on, a list of learning behaviours to help them develop a love for learning. These are represented by Meadows Mouse who shows us the importance of being :-
The school's aims are to:
* be a place which every child remembers with affection
* create a happy, stimulating and safe learning environment for both children and adults
* equip all pupils with the tools and self belief necessary to constructively influence their own lives
* promote a positive attitude towards learning, so that children enjoy coming to school and acquire a solid basis for lifelong learning
* create an atmosphere where children respect themselves, have high self-esteem and are able to live and work co-operatively with others
* empower children to learn about their developing and ever changing world, to discover how to care for their environment and to understand other cultures and beliefs
* enable children to value and be valued as part of their community
We will achieve this through:
* providing a happy, stimulating and safe learning environment
* providing inclusive, relevant, motivating and varied learning experiences
* developing an exciting and creative curriculum
* including pupil voice to inform teaching and learning opportunities
* acknowledging, celebrating and rewarding achievements
* encouraging high standards of behaviour, attitude and manners
* promoting moral, social, spiritual, cultural and emotional development
* encouraging healthy life styles through regular exercise and a balanced diet
* ensuring that all pupils are valued
* encouraging the support and involvement of parents, carers and the local community
* providing high quality teaching which meets the needs of all pupils
* developing pupils’ learning skills
* supporting each other and encouraging team work
* providing pupils with the opportunity to explore their own interests in a secure and challenging environment.
Our School Council interviewed all the pupils in their classes.
They asked them what they all liked about our school.
Here are some of their responses;
We love coming to Meadows because we have lots of fun and we do exciting work. (Sam, Year 4 )
We like Meadows because all the teachers and our friends look after each other.
(Lily May, Year 1)
|We like learning phonics, it helps us become brilliant at reading!
(Jessica, Amy, Leland, Year 3)
|We all love P.E because we do lots of different sports
(Will, Year 4)
We all love joining in with singing assembly. It makes us happy!
|We like making new friends, everyone at our school is really kind.
(Mimi, Year 3)
|We like going to Forest School and learning outside
(Freya, Year 2)
|We all enjoy I.C.T and working on the laptops.
(Jessica, Year 4)
We love playing with our friends at playtime.
(Jack, Year 2)
|We love reading in a group. We can read fiction or educational books that teach us new facts.
(Scarlet, Year 3)
Please browse through our website to get a flavour of life at Meadows. Come back to the website regularly to watch the site grow, and to get to know more about our staff, the children and the experiences on offer.
Or view our Prospectus here